Saturday, July 25, 2009

Dior Fall 2009 Jazz Club


Dior has winning offerings in its Fall 2009 Jazz Club collection! The products have hit the department stores. This is a beautiful collection, evocative of the swinging jazz age of the 1920's and 1930's.

I purchased a nice sample of the collection, including this gorgeous eye palette, at Saks in Chevy Chase this past week. The Jazz Club Smoky Eye Palette contains eye shadows, a brow-shaping powder, a cream-to-powder eye liner, and double-ended application tools - all in a little clutch for $65. The clutch would be great for travel. These colors are very "natural," and they will work for many skin tones. Terrific!

There are two new One Couleur Extreme Eye Shadows ($27.50). Argentic is a metallic charcoal, and Trendy Taupe (my purchase) is a great everyday accent color.

The display has four Dior Addict Lipcolors ($26), but I think only two of them are new. I choose one of the previously introduced colors, Mauve Royal. The new ones, Decadent Plum and Neglige Pink, didn't work well for me. I'm going to go back, though, and give Decadent Plum a second look.

I love Dior lip glosses, and came away with all four in two different formulas: Bordeaux Drape (Draped Burgendy) and Prune Taffetas (Taffeta Plum) in Ultra-Gloss Reflect ($25.50) and Nectar de Figue (Fig Nectar) and Macaron Praline (Sweet Praline) in Creme de Gloss ($26). (Sorry, ladies, I can't figure out how to get those French accent marks into my blog yet).

There's more to see, so check out your local Dior counter. I know that Saks and Nordstrom both have these colors in stock.

Photos courtesy of Saks and Nordstrom.

No comments: