Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My Favorite Home Fragrance - Rosso Nobile

The nicest - and probably most expensive - home fragrance diffuser on earth has to be Rosso Nobile by Dr. Vranjes ($350). I was introduced to this wonderful product at Art with Flowers at the Tysons Galleria in Virginia. It's available online at Luckyscent and a few other places you can find with a Google search.

The fragrance fills my home with an indescribably enticing and voluptuous fragrance. I have never smelled anything quite like it! The top notes are dominated by strawberry and blackberry, but mixed in are tannins from red wine, citrus, violets, and roses. This short description doesn't really do it justice. It's just heavenly. It wraps you in luxury. Men and women find it intoxicating - we keep sniffing at the bottle!

The container is gorgeous, as you can see here, with a modern, Danish appeal to the glass vase (reusable) and grape vines to diffuse the fragrance. As with any diffuser, all you have to do is turn the vines over now and then. Once you purchase the set, you can buy refills ($250) and continue to use the same container "forever."

For those of us for whom $350 is more than a splurge, there are beautiful candles (and refills for those) and a room spray. I keep the room spray at my office and use it when someone's awful perfume wafts in - or when I just need an aromatherapy treat.

If you are wealthy, win the lottery, or just want a splurge, you will love Rosso Nobile!

Photo courtesy of Luckyscent.

2 comments:

1955nurse said...

Ohhh you obviously live in a different income bracket than I - and the REFILL is $250?!?!?!? OMG that would feed, like 4 - 5 people for a week !!! (OR PAY A MONTH'S ELECTRIC BILL, ETC. This must be one of those things people like Bernie Madoff and his wife purchase!)

Charlestongirl said...

Hi 1955nurse! I hope I can't be compared to Bernie Madoff, who would have purchased this product without a second thought (I feel sorry for his wife - imagine having your life ripped out from under you). I did agonize over the purchase, realizing how frivolous/crazy it was, for a year before I finally got a little windfall and bought it. Before that, I made do with the candle and frequent visits to Art with Flowers to smell it. Quite honestly, it was more than a month's electric bill, but I don't regret it - yet. It makes me feel good. I'm not sure I can put a price on that!