Thursday, July 30, 2009

Nars Fall 2009 Collection

The Nars Collection for Fall 2009 has some must-have items in it. On my "drive-by" lunch shopping trip this week, I was able to see them in person, which is so much better than selecting from photos. I bought two of the pieces: the Indian Summer Duo Eyeshadow ($32) and the Fast Ride Lipstick ($24) shown in the "look" here. As for the look, I think her cheeks are a bit too flushed, but I guess the look is art.

The Fast Ride lipstick is a totally wearable sheer deep grape-wine color. It's sheerness is what makes it so wearable. It looks fabulous on, and I can't wait to bring it out with my fall clothes.

I will wear the eye shadow Indian Summer now. The two golden shades are perfect for any season. The lighter shade is "frosted champagne," very pretty alone or with other colors. The darker shade, "mustard seed," is a great muted darker gold. It works!

There is another duo, Silk Road, that is really gorgeous. If you can wear pink-toned eye shadows, go for it! The colors are very pretty. Unfortunately for me, I have some pink in my skin (I do cover it with eye shadow primer), but I'll never forget the instructions I got from Bobbi Brown herself: "Avoid eye shadows with red in them." Her advice has served me well.

Rounding out the collection, there is a dark Brumes eye shadow duo, with charcoal and slate blue; a Mekong single shadow (pretty expresso with gold infused); and Tokaido Express Nail Polish in black amethyst infused with gold - very trendy.

Now that it's showing up in stores, you can visit and see if any of the pieces speak to you.

Photo courtesy of Nars.

No comments: