Sunday, August 30, 2009

Armani Beauty Eyes to Kill Palettes

Giorgio Armani Beauty has introduced the new Eyes to Kill Eyeshadow Palettes ($58). Developed by Linda Cantello, who joined Armani Beauty early this year to help develop color cosmetics, the palettes come in four "bold, intense, and seductive" tones.

Each circular palette has a "deadly deep" liner shade in the middle, a luminescent highlighter wrapped around the center, and a metallic shadow in the outside ring. The shades are: #1, Steel Black; #2, Brown Copper; #3, Gun Metal Grey; and #4, Rouge Iron. I think Rouge Iron makes a lovely blusher, but it's a weird duck for a eye shadow palette.

The highlighter and liner colors are great for day, but used all together, these may not be your everyday eye look. I think you will want to save the drama for night. Yes...I know the deep, smokey eye is one of this Fall's big beauty trends (I read this month's Allure), but I just can't imagine showing up for work that way. I'll be wearing my Armani Manta Ray shadows to work.

You can purchase the new palettes on Armani Beauty's Web site, at Saks, or anywhere Armani Beauty products are sold. Don't forget that Armani Beauty has great sample choices when you order online.

Photo courtesy of Armani Beauty.

No comments: