Friday, August 14, 2009

Sisley Supremÿa Cream - Worth the Price?

Sisley has introduced Sisley Supremya Cream ($750), a new anti-aging night cream, and it's prominently displayed at Saks. Before I go on, I should tell you that I love Sisley products - the way the smell, feel, and work. Sisley has fabulous botanical ingredients, and the company backs up its products with excellent research. Their masks are fabulous. I just can't get my "arms around" the price of the Supremya Cream. Time will tell. I'm hoping some nice Sisley rep will give me one of the deluxe samples that are apparently available for their best customers.

Another thing that gives me pause is the claim that the product alters the DNA of skin cells. According to WWDBeauty, "the antiaging facial skin cream contains a patent-pending ingredient called Phyto-Complex LC 12 and is designed to reach DNA in the skin in order to help skin cells regenerate. The complex comprises four botanical active ingredients and claims to protect DNA so that genetic aging is delayed." In the last few months, I have read many things about the latest cosmetic products that claim to alter cell metabolism or behavior, and I am not sure whether they are crossing the line into prescription drug products. I don't know how deeply they penetrate, and I wonder...if they can speed up cell birth or death, can they do that somewhere unintended? Am I being paranoid? Nonetheless, I would like to try it.

Sisley's research shows that after eight weeks of use, testers had an 11% decrease in the appearance of wrinkles. That also makes me wonder...how was "appearance" judged? It may just be a "language thing," so I want to get under the marketing lingo and see for myself.

This new cream is (or will be) available at Saks, Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, and a few Nordstrom locations.

Photo courtesy of Sisley.

No comments: