Thursday, November 26, 2009

Eucaplyptus for What Ails You

Do you have a favorite herbal remedy? Mine's eucalyptus. Feel stuffy from sinus congestion? Eucalyptus! Muscles ache? Eucalyptus!

Kneipp makes some fabulous herbal bath oils, including the eucalyptus Cold & Flu Bath ($5 to $28, depending on size) - one of my favorites. I've been using it for years. This highly concentrated bath treatment with aroma-intensive, essential eucalyptus oil stimulates and helps relieve sinuses at any time of year, but especially during cold and flu season. I use eucalyptus if I feel an allergy attack, cold, or sinus infection coming. At the first sign of stuffy nose, head congestion, and general tiredness, I take a warm bath with eucalyptus.

I like the Kneipp Eucalyptus Sinus Relief Thermal Spring Salts ($18) almost as well. The salts are made with pure and natural thermal brine salt as well as valuable essential oils of eucalyptus. Both products make for a heavenly soak.

Bath & Body Works sells quite a few eucalyptus products, including those made by The Thymes. I love the Thymes Eucalyptus Body Lotion ($22) with vitamin E, aloe vera, jojoba oil, and shea butter. The fragrance blends the energizing scents of eucalyptus and crisp Italian lemon, lime, and petitgrain. It is popular with both men and women.

This morning, I used Bath & Body Works' own Stress Relief - Eucalyptus Spearmint Body Wash ($13) as a bubble bath. The eucalyptus essential oil smells great, opens my sinuses, and helps me relax. Spearmint essential oil is uplifting and is said to help focus the mind. This nourishing body wash contains green tea extract to help keep skin looking younger and healthier.

You can purchase Kneipp products at Kneipp's Web site or Amazon.

Bath & Body Works has a full range of eucalyptus products. Check out the darling Lounge Socks (two pairs for $10) infused with eucalyptus if you want to be good to your feet while you laze around the house.

Photos courtesy of Kneipp and Bath & Body Works

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Long, warm soaks with a good book are my favorite form of therapy - both physical and mental. But lately I've been feeling something was missing. A thousand thanks for writing about eucaplyptus - I think that's the perfect ingredient to boost the therapeutic effects! -Bari

Charlestongirl said...

You can mix it up and use lavender now and then. So relaxing!