Monday, May 10, 2010

Avon ULTRA COLOR RICH Mega Impact Lipstick

I've been on an "Avon trip" lately, rediscovering a brand that is enormously popular because it has something for everyone. Having tried ULTRA COLOR RICH Mega Impact Lipstick SPF 15 ($8) a few weeks ago, sent to me by lovely Lisa (I can't wait to meet Lisa - she's moving here), I ordered two more shades, using Avon's sale pricing and free shipping offers. The special offer for these lipsticks right now is buy one, get a second for $1. Can't beat that!

I love this lipstick! Once again, I will compare Avon with the luxury line, Clé de Peau. Both Avon's ULTRA COLOR RICH Mega Impact Lipstick and Clé de Peau's Extra Rich Lipstick have elegant, chiseled bullets that attract attention. They scream luxury - one for $8 and the other for $60. I like the Avon lipstick the best. It has such pretty shine that lights up my look and makes my lips look a bit more full.

ULTRA COLOR RICH Mega Impact Lipstick is available in ten attractive shades. It creates a show-stopping pout, totally in line with this season's emphasis on lips. Reds are rich, pinks pop, plums have punch, and browns are brilliant! The formula uses Avon's new Chromapixel technology, which employs color magnifiers to boost each hue, adding depth and vibrancy so lips look multidimensional. Iridescent pearls are blended with with color-matched tone-on-tone magnifiers to tailor the shine to the shade of the lip color. The result is amplified color and rich shine that's very flattering, and with its SPF 15, it will protect your lips as it saturates them with lush color.

The rich, creamy formula glides on and lasts a few hours. It's always easy to tell if a lip color is going to last; put it on your arm and try to remove it with a tissue. If it comes right off, it's not long-lasting. This one doesn't wipe right off.

My photo shows you the three colors I'm delighted to be wearing: from top to bottom, Pink Pop, Brilliant Berry, and Magnified Mauve. Their shine on my lips is as pretty as their shine on my arm! The range of shades offered allows me to decide whether I want a natural hint of color (Pink Pop), a stunning rose (Brilliant Berry), or a bronze, summer look (Magnified Mauve) that's a bit more pink when applied over pink-toned lips.

Head over to Avon's Web site to see if there's a shade for you. While you are there, you can find your local Avon representative to get free shipping every day! Check out the specials too. Today I ordered Smooth Minerals Lip Tints. Can't wait to try them!

Photo at top right courtesy of Avon

2 comments:

Marley's Mom said...

Now you have me lusting after this lipstick. It looks gorgeous!!

Charlestongirl said...

:)

I keep looking at the colors trying to decide if I "need" another one.