Sunday, February 6, 2011

Bobbi Brown Tibi Peony & Python Beauty Kit - Neiman Marcus Exclusive

Finally, something new from Bobbi Brown that isn't a palette! I don't know how you feel about palettes, but I'm on palette overload. I purchased so many Bobbi Brown palettes for holiday, I couldn't look at another one. I skipped the Pretty Powerful palettes that launched in January. I have been anxiously awaiting single items from Bobbi Brown - new ones, exciting ones. I can't wait to get my hands on her new lip color, which hasn't arrived yet at Neiman Marcus or Nordstrom.

When I learned that there was a new set available at Neiman Marcus, my first reaction wasn't overly enthusiastic. Then I saw the contents and decided I had to have the Tibi Peony & Python Beauty Kit ($95). I'm glad I purchased it! The kit is a preview into Bobbi Brown's Spring 2011 Tibi Peony & Python Collection, a zippered beauty case filled with pretty colors and tools to update your look for spring.

Inspired by lush peonies and the playful, feminine chic of cult label Tibi, Bobbi created Pink Peony Illuminating Bronzer for a fresh, healthy glow. The kit also includes Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Mauve and Brightening Lip Gloss in Pink Lilac, plus two mini brushes so you can apply everything like a pro. One of the mini brushes is one of my favorite Bobbi Brown brushes: the Face Blender Brush. I can't get enough of them. The other mini brush is a liner brush for you to use to apply the Black Mauve gel eyeliner.

The Peony Illuminating Bronzer is more of a blusher than a bronzer. It's rosy - and gorgeous. I'm not sure why Bobbi named it a bronzer, but it doesn't matter what it's called. It's a stunning shade.

Don't let the "Black Mauve" name of the gel eyeliner fool you. It's not black - just a darkened mauve that's a luscious liner. Pink Lilac is one of Bobbi's Brightening Lip Glosses. The sheer, reflective formula wakes up your face and helps create the illusion of fuller lips. The Pink Lilac shade works perfectly with the set.

Here's my swatch photo of all three shades. It was taken indoors in sunlight. I applied the "bronzer" with a sponge-tipped applicator at the top of my arm - much darker than you'll apply it "in real life." The gloss is in the center, and a light application of the Black Mauve gel eyeliner is shown below. These shades coordinate so nicely, I'll be tempted to wear them together - something I don't often feel bound to do.

I had a hard time photographing the Peony shade in the compact. In every photo I took, it appeared just a bit pinker than it looks to my eye. In the compact, it looks exactly like the photo at the top of this feature - the one I snagged off the Neiman Marcus Web site. On my arm, it looks like my swatch. It's rosy pink.

This set is a beauty. I'd recommend it to anyone who loves pink and wants something new. At this time, the only place you can purchase the Tibi Peony & Python Beauty Kit is Neiman Marcus. It's available in stores and online. I purchased mine from Kathy Shoreman and Christina Curbelo at the store at Tysons Galleria. Christina's new there, so if you drop by, make sure to say hello.

Photo at top courtesy of Neiman Marcus

2 comments:

Mamavalveeta03 said...

I've seen and used the Tibi combo (although, it's only in "singles" form for Neiman's) and it is gorgeous and workable for EVERY skintone. The colors go on like velvet and that bag....oh, so cute! Bobbi's hit it out of the park with this one.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Mama Val!

That bag is a cute bonus! What do you mean, it's only in singles form? I bought my set at NM.