Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dior Addict Lipstick - Part 3

Can you believe there's a Part 3 to my Dior Addict story? The new formulation of Dior Addict ($28) has captured my heart - and my wallet. You can peruse my first feature at this link and my second at this link. There are swatches of my first two rounds of purchases at these links.

In the comments of my Part 2 feature, Al told me that Sephora had just added more shades. Off I went to explore them. Naturally, I ordered a few more - four to be exact. Inspired by the cutting-edge runway fashions of Dior, this hydrating formula dresses the lips with a veil of "addicting color" and spectacular shine. What I love is their sheerness - pretty color without a lot of pigment. I'm a pushover when it comes to sheer lip color! I don't need to use gloss over Dior Addict - a bonus for pretty lips in a hurry. They feel good too.

On my latest order, I purchased these shades, listed here with Sephora's descriptions.

#535 Tailleur Bar (nude)
#797 Stiletto (deep red)
#864 Couture (sheer hot pink)
#971 Foureau (plum)

I was thrilled with them when they arrived! Even though the color swatches at Sephora weren't entirely true, the lipsticks are all gorgeous. Here is a swatch photo, taken outdoors in full sun, that shows the shades in the order listed above. Representing different color families, they are all exquisite!

Despite the number of Dior Addict shades I now own, I am thinking of ordering even more. Do you think I need an intervention?

These lipsticks have been a Sephora exclusive. They will arrive in the department stores soon (the launch month is April). I haven't been hanging out at the department stores lately to know if they have started to appear at Saks, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's, or other counters. When they do, grab at least one!

Photo at top courtesy of Sephora

11 comments:

faye lu said...

oh la la i've been eyeing these for what seems like forever .. there are just too many gorgeous colors to choose from. LOVE LOVE LOVE. it's pay day today .. this could be dangerous >.< thanks for sharing x

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Faye Lu!

There are too many gorgeous colors! Made it hard for me to resist. I love every single one I ordered!

Fab Over 40 said...

Love them! My Nordstrom and Macy's have had them for a few weeks now.

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Fab! Good to know. I wonder why my Neiman Marcus doesn't have them.

Jess said...

how would you compare these with the new Chanel lipsticks? Thanks!

Charlestongirl said...

Jess,

Do you mean Rouge Coco Shine?

I only own Boy so far. These are more transparent, shinier, and feel more hydrating. In my opinion.

lovethescents said...

These sound sublime! I wonder if they're available at our Sephora yet. Will have to investigate.

More moisturizing than Coco Shine? Sold!

Charlestongirl said...

All Sephora stores carrying Dior should have them, Lovethescents.

Anonymous said...

I bought 3 from Nordstrom on Sunday. They are beautiful
Daisy

Charlestongirl said...

Daisy! You're holding out on us. What shades did you get?

Petunia said...

So here I am looking at old swatches. So sorry to here you will stop blogging this year. I love reading your posts and find myself using your older posts as reference and for swatch comparisons.
Thanks for all your hard work. We'll miss you.