Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Guerlain Madame Rougit 4 Colours Blush from the Guerlain Voilette de Madame Collection for Fall 2013

This blush from Guerlain, Madame Rougit 4 Colours Blush from the Guerlain Voilette de Madame Collection for Fall 2013 ($67) is so gorgeous, I had to feature it today. I had planned to show you a new Giorgio Armani eye shadow, but it can wait a day. Madame Rougit couldn't.

Guerlain’s newest blush encompasses four luminous colors: raspberry, pale pink, beige, and coral, which work together to illuminate and highlight, leaving a velvety finish. Madame Rougit comes enclosed in a lacquered black box with a magnetic closure and slips into an suedette pouch with coral topstitching. I'm excited that Madame Rougit is mine. If you want her to be yours, I wouldn't waste any time in ordering her. She is a limited edition.

I know that one can delicately pick up each color - some more difficult than others because they are narrow stripes - and use them individually. I'm not one of those people. I swirl the colors together, and the end result is what I consider in determining my opinion. I made sure I ran my applicators across the full range of four colors when I swatched Madame Rougit. The result? Divine!

I took my swatch photos in late-afternoon sun. I swatched heavily at the top of my arm with a sponge-tipped applicator. I also used a sponge-tipped applicator for the larger swatch below because I couldn't put my hands on my swatching brush. I thought I could create a brush-like effect with a light sponge application. I ended up with too much color, but I know my sharp readers will know how easily the color can be applied more sheerly.

It's very rose pink. The raspberry shade at the bottom has a lot of influence on the blended color. The beige and coral are minor players, but do add a warm touch to the cool raspberry.

I applied Madame Rougit to my cheeks (sheerly) yesterday with a big, fluffy blush brush and stood in front of my mirror admiring the life in my face after a long day. The finish is glowing, but not shimmering - perfect for wearing every day. I'm smitten.

There is only one aspect of Madame Rougit that might annoy those who avoid fragranced cosmetics. The compact is very "Guerlain fragranced." Don't let that stop you from wearing Madame Rougit. The scent disappears within seconds of application.

Guerlain’s Voilette de Madame collection is available now at the Guerlain Boutique (where I purchased my new treasures) and Neiman Marcus - and perhaps Bergdorf Goodman. Those locations received it early. It will be available at select additional locations at Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom, Bloomingdale's, and Sephora, this month. I can't wait to show you the other pieces I purchased from the collection.

Photo at top courtesy of Guerlain; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

18 comments:

Elena said...

this blush looks so nice and the pigmentation is really good!
I am in love with the packaging and how the product is displayed in the pan

solanace said...

I love the old fashioned rose-violet scent of Guerlain blushes, and the swatched color looks so lively! I'll be looking for this one.

Nemo said...

I will not be buying the Madame. She looks too much like the Guerlain Rouge G blush I bought some years ago. That one even has a hidden brush in the compact.

Eileen said...

These are due to arrive at our local Nordstrom next week and I can hardly wait. That's such a cliché, but it is true--I can hardly wait! Like you, I'm more of a swirl-them-all- together kind of gal. If I want a warmer or cooler or pinker or peachier color, I'll use a different blusher :-) Heaven knows, I've got enough of 'em!

I like the idea of a satin-matte finish especially since Guerlain has pulled together an autumn look that features a "veil" of glitter on the eyes. With shimmery color on the eyes and jewel-toned, luminous lips, the blusher definitely needs a softer, more subdued finish. It looks like Guelain has achieved a nice balance with this collection.

Unknown said...

The blush looks as pretty in the pan is it does in the swatch. Lovely colour :)

saw said...

Hi Charleston Girl,

have you tried swatching the colors one by one? From my blush I can only swatch one color (coral one in the middle which takes up most of the space) to show up some color. All the other shades are rock hard and not pigmented. I am rather disappointed with this blush at this price point.

Eileen said...

Hi Sara,

I've read a lot of conflicting reviews about the texture and pigmentation of this blusher so I'm going to take a gamble and hope I get one of the good ones. If not, I'll return it. I wonder if the difference in quality is due to inconsistency on the part of the manufacturer. You're in Germany, right? Can you return it?

By the way, I enjoyed your Tom Ford quad series. Such fun!

Dawn said...

Hi Nemo. I've been scouring websites looking for info on this blush and I wanted to mention that this one does indeed have a brush stowed away under the compact. I also saw swatches comparing this blush and the Rouge G blush and IMO looked very similar except that the Rouge G had a bit more shimmer. I have been kicking myself because I regret not picking up Rouge G when it was released so I ordered this one and I hope I'm not disappointed. Some people have experienced poor color pay off on theirs. Looks like CG got a good one. :-)

Anna R said...

I couldn't wait for this blush either...I picked one up last Friday and have been wearing it every day since. It is as beautiful as you describe. It's almost a shame to use it, but it would be a terrible waste not to! I'm really enjoying it!! Nemo, this blush also comes with a hidden brush (pink, no less) for touch ups on the go...

Charlestongirl said...

Hi everyone,

All shades are pigmented as you would expect on my skin. I guess skin tone might affect how they look. Not hard at all. I think our palette differences are weird.

Lisa C said...

Aahh, pure heaven! This is so beautiful, can't wait to get my hands on this! It looks stunning swatched on your wrist.

I have heard mixed reviews however. Some people are saying that it doesn't have good pigmentation and is stiff while other's are saying its really good payoff.

One person even mentioned that it might be possible that some of the palettes are defective.

I don't know but I do know that it looks beautiful and I bet that it's very flattering on the cheeks!

grlnxdor said...

Blended together it looks like Chanel's Rose Initiale, which I have, so I will pass. It is a beauty, though, and I think it should work on both warm and cool tones.

ewewhojane said...

Glad for the comparison to Rose Initiale, since I have that one. But this does look special!

Claire said...

Oh gosh, so breathtaking!! But I agree w/ poster above, it looks a lot like Chanel Rose Initiale (can CG disagree on this and thus resurrect the need for getting madame Rougit?)

saw said...

Hi Eileen, Charleston Girl,
To be able to review the blush quickly, a friend purchased it from Hong Kong for me so I don't think I can ever send it back :-))
Anyway I read very mixed reviews. Some say the peachy shade on top right is not pigmented but mine is very pigmented. I have rather the pink shade in bottom left not showing up. Of course the effects are subtle but still the overall color then also changes. I also would like to use the brush all together but I think it should be possible to use the lower part for "pinkier" blush and upper for more "coral" looks. Similar to Horizon de Chanel.
Thanks Eileen, glad you liked the blog series. I still couldn't finish it :-))

Meredith said...

I understand what people are saying about the hard texture and not a lot of color payoff. I have this blush and love it. I think perhaps some people are having difficulty because of the brush they are using to apply it. Indeed, it does apply sheerly but to me this is a plus as I tend to overapply blush. This blush is more subtle than the Rouge G which I had to give to my son's girlfriend as it had too much sparkle and bright color for me. M.Rougit is a gorgeous color for fall, not too dark or heavy but one that will softly enlliven your face and last for many hours looking fresh. Think of it as the more sophisticated, classier version of Rouge G. I use the colors swirled together to get a beautiful shade that goes with either warm or cool pinks, roses and corals. I am very pleased with this blush and think it is going to be a naturally beautifyIng shade for many seasons.

Unknown said...

I am counting the seconds until this is released at Nordstrom online! They generally do a nice Fall beauty GWP around mid-august, so I'm hoping I can time the purchase to that and have some other goodies to try out too! All I know is that I need this beautiful blush in my life, and will be buying it either way immediately upon it's release there ;)

Also, I wonder if the pigmentation issues some have experienced may be due to the production process, specifically when the Dot pattern is imprinted. Especially since it seems to be random shades that have the "hard-packed" issue, and not just one consistent area of the blush. I know Christine of Temptalia mentioned that there may be increased pigmentation once you've scraped through the top pattern. Hopefully that would be a solution for those w/pigmentation issues, but very unfortunate either way! Glad you didn't also have this problem, CG!

beano54 said...

Loving this compact with the different colours in one