Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Clé de Peau Beauté Enchanted Winter Garden Eye & Lip Pencil Bouquet for Holiday 2013

Clé de Peau Beauté's beautiful Bouquet Floral Wintry Eye & Lip Pencils from the Enchanted Winter Garden Collection for Holiday 2013 ($95) feature three eye pencils and two lip pencils for endless makeup possibilities. I thought the set was beyond clever when I first saw it. I loved the mix of lip, eye, and highlighting pencils. Now that I've used the pencils, I think the set is magnificent.

From an unknown place comes a call to exquisite beauty, and along the path appears an enchanting winter garden. In a moment of awe, colorful flowers bloom in ice. Sparkling and gem-like, each precious petal reflects a drama all its own. With formulations that mirror the brilliance of a new beginning, and a revelation of the splendor that is yours.

This limited-edition of eye and lip pencils was inspired by the allure of flowers glistening in ice. Each pencil provides a distinct light-reflecting finish to enhance your desired look. Since it's Clé de Peau, it looks good. From the packaging to the graduated color on the pencils themselves, to the choice of colors, these pencils look special.

I was told that the pretty floral box was cut from a very large sheet of paper - almost like a giant print - so each design is unique. I didn't inspect boxes to verify that, but it sounds plausible. I like the design. However, the action starts inside the box.

I love these colors. The taupe pencil on the left is worth its weight in gold. Both lip pencils work for me, giving me a light option and a dark one. Right now, I have the darker one applied all over my lips, with a gloss on top. The look is really pretty. I like all of them.

Let's take a closer look. I drew lines on my arm - too thin, I can now see - moving in the same order in which the pencils are shown above. I took my swatch photos in full, mid-day sun.

The top three eye shades provide a unique trio. Even though it looks lavender at the top of my arm, the top shade is very taupe. I'd call it 3/4 taupe and 1/4 lavender. The best news is that it looks fabulous on my eyes. I've been wearing it as an eye shadow over the whole lid up to the crease.

The burnt orange shade will make your blue or green eyes pop. I've grown much less afraid of these shades as I've seen the results. I like this one as a liner. The champagne shade is utterly fabulous for the inner corner to highlight the eyes and open them. Of course, you can use this shade anywhere on your face. That's why it's so handy.

The two lip pencils, one rose and one warm pink, give you options - whether you choose to use them as lip pencils or lip colors. The darker one goes on my lips with a fall look, like a stain. I add the effect of flowers on ice with a sheer, sparkly lip gloss.

These pencils are all very long-lasting on my eyelids and lips. They apply like a creamy dream, but stay put once they set. Someone with very oily eyelids may have a different experience. That's why you'll need to try them, if possible, before you buy. My dry skin grabs on and holds on.

I purchased mine at Neiman Marcus. I have found the holiday collection online at Nordstrom. I suspect you will be able to find it at all Clé de Peau Beauté sources soon. If you stop by the counter, you can see the rest of the items in the collection. The blush and these pencils were all I could afford for now.

Photo at top courtesy of Clé de Peau Beauté; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for great review!!! I am looking forward to pick these gems this Saturday;)))

Jo said...

Beautiful! I'm ordering this and the blush! Thanks

Louisa said...

Thanks for the review. I'm looking forward to receiving mine from Bergdorf any day!

Makeupremastered said...

Really such an indulgently beautiful set!

Novie@About Face said...

Those liners definitely rock! I am a fan of nude liners but seeing those colors made me want to try 'em.

Unknown said...

So pretty. Too much to choose from right now!!

Anonymous said...

These are so tempting! I love, love, love CDP...thanks to you CG. FYI, I just heard that SpaceNK's website is offering $20 off on $75 purchase (online only) thru Thursday, October 24.

Denise at aeiokid at comcast dot net

Anonymous said...

You may want to call your local counter and have a set put aside. I know the Pentagon Nordstroms was only getting a limited stock.

Chateepatee said...

Lovely! These will be a nice addition to the makeup bag when I'm traveling and am looking to not " overload" my carryon satchel. They are all beautiful- this is a well thought out collection- and are a must have!
Thanks CG for the fab swatches!

Charlestongirl said...

Sorry, everyone, for the delay in publishing your comments. I was overcome with "real work" today. :)

Unknown said...

All of these look great! How in the world can a girl choose one or two? Oh the choices!

Thanks, CG! Nice post of this collection.

Unknown said...

These pencils look beautiful, love the gradient colour on their bodies. And all the colours are lovely.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review and the swatches!

Moonchime said...

How timely! I just finished applying my makeup today--and I thought of a question I wanted to ask you. I wanted to know what lip liner pencils you find are the best. This post answered my question. Thank you!

I'm going to order this set. Thank you, CG. Have a great weekend!

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Moonchime,

These are certainly new favorites. I could name several good lines for pencils. For my lips, I require that they be thick and creamy. Funny too because for my eyes, I require that they be thin.

tasa said...

why must this set look so wonderful? I'm sensing a huge Cle de Peau fall for me :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful review! I was looking for information on these pencils as Nordstrom online has some in stock. They eye pencils, I think will be new favorites for me.