Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sunday This and That

Here is one more photo of Tim Quinn, working his Armani magic yesterday. I doubt you can see his gorgeous dark blue jacket's finish. It was like a silk/cotton sateen: gorgeous! I wish Mr. Armani made some of the things Tim wears for women.

For some reason, Giorgio Armani's Fall 2013 Scarabeo collection of Eyes to Kill Intense shades had just arrived at Neiman Marcus Tysons Galleria. Go figure! You may remember I selected Gold Hercule in August. I found out there was one shade designed, but held out of the collection to be Tim's special shade. They told me it is only available at his events now. See the comments.

All four are shown in the indoor photo directly above, with Tim's shade, #34, at the right. It's the blue I asked him to apply to my eyelids yesterday.  From left to right, they are #31, #32, #33, and #34. You might think at first glance, as I did, that #31 and #34 look similar. They aren't. Tim's special shade is almost cobalt on my skin. I thought teal when I applied #31. I'm sorry I couldn't swatch them. It was pouring outside. Once the sun returns, I will get a swatch photo of #34 for you.

I finally purchased Armani's new Crema Nera Extrema ($380). It launched when I had no work. Even yesterday, I gulped when I purchased it. Having been a huge fan of the first Crema Nera, I had to have it. Armani Beauty calls Crema Nera Extrema the supreme reviving cream. I'll tell you more about it when I feature it. It leaves my skin radiant, and I already adore it.

The Dior Golden Winter Holiday 2013 display is gorgeous. Although the lipsticks are beautiful, they are all too dark for my tastes. I selected one eye palette, one eye shadow, and the golden highlighter. As soon as I can get photos, I will start to show them to you.

The testers (only, no for-sale product yet) of Le Métier de Beauté's new lipsticks have arrived. They look and feel great. Some of your old favorites have been reformulated, and there are new colors for you to discover and enjoy. The new Hydra-Creme lipstick line was in development for three years. They are said to be fabulously long-wearing and ultra-moisturizing, and they come in a new chrome tube that some have likened to Clinique's.

Dr. Brown's RéVive Artbox 11 ($575) has arrived, and it's stunning, as always. This year, the Artbox is decorated with the exceptional painting Fifth Street C11.67 by renowned artist Caio Fonseca. Hand-selected by Dr. Brown, a true art connoisseur and avid collector, Artbox 11 is a celebration of his passion for the intersection of art and beauty. Inside the box, you'll find Moisturizing Renewal Cream Suprême, Sensitif Renewal Cream, Fermitif Neck Renewal Cream, and Defensif Renewal Serum. I wasn't able to get a great photo because of the store lighting - plus the shadows cast indoors. It's a striking box that should be used as a keepsake or jewelry box. I'll have more to say later about RéVive and my new skin care for my aging hands.

Here is the new Bobbi Brown Hollywood Glam display for the holidays. Most of what's displayed is not part of the holiday collection. The products haven't arrived yet - only the display. There will be a really cool, new, limited-edition Nude Glow Shimmer Brick ($45), a shimmering quartet of pearlescent colors to highlight the skin for lit-from-within luminescence (think of it as candlelight in a compact). Each shade also doubles up as an eye shadow.

Below, a few holiday goodies that have arrived are pictured. I purchased a new blush made for this year's breast cancer awareness campaign. I'll show you soon. It's a beautiful pink.

I'll end today's tour with the new Clé de Peau Holiday 2013 Collection. As you might imagine, a few pieces came home with me. It's a special collection. Make sure to see it before that limited-edition cream blush sells out.

I'll save my fragrance tour for another day. I await the sun and hope it comes back tomorrow afternoon.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty or courtesy of Giorgio Armani Beauty, Le Métier de Beauté, and Bobbi Brown

22 comments:

grlnxdor said...

As always, CG, I cannot wait for your swatches!

Anonymous said...

#34 is Blue Beatle, which was released with the rest of the collection.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Grlnxdor,

Me either. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Anonymous, I have seen it in swatches, but oddly it is not available on Armani's Web site - the only place I checked to verify. Only #31 of the two blues is available there.

The Armani people said they pulled it for his events - and Tim said he had no idea why.

What wasn't true at all is that it has always been exclusive to his events since you can find it on many blogs. I don't know when it was pulled. Or at this point, even if. As you might imagine, I am going to suggest they stop telling customers that.

I think it's extremely odd they made such a big deal about its exclusivity.

Elizabeth said...

Wow, all of these products look amazing! I can't wait to hear about the LMDB lipsticks and the Armani skin care.

Also, you look FAB in the photos you posted!

Jenny said...

Ohhhhhhh--Dior Golden Winter--I think I want like everything. The collection looks breathtaking. I have no patience--where did you get it? I need it now.

Dovey said...

Hi Charlestongirl,

The RéVive Artbox 11 is stunning! What a wonderful gift for anyone who should receive it :)

Charlestongirl said...

Thanks, Elizabeth!

Charlestongirl said...

Jenny, Neiman Marcus.

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Dovey, great box filled with great skin care? A winning combo.

Claire said...

Oh my! I'll probably be hovering around local Dior counter for a glimpse of the Holiday display/swatching. Thanks for the news, CG!

Megan said...

Hi CG the event looks like it was really fun! I can't wait to see what you have to share from Cle de Peau - I got my first lipstick from them about a week ago, and I'm terribly tempted to dive in for more, but I have to order it because there isn't a counter local to me.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for Cle de Peau review and swatches:)))

LoveSugarBabyDoll said...

I am really looking forward to your review of the Dior Holiday Golden Winter collection. Such great holiday collections this year. So many options! I have got to get to Neiman's this week.

makeupremastered said...

ooohh CG - such lovely holday makeup- Cleu De Peau looks gorgeous! cannot wait for swatches.

Anonymous said...

Veeeery excited about the upcoming reviews and swatches :-)

Anonymous said...

My armani wish list is huge, but I'm waiting for the friends and family sale that's a few weeks away! I usually just have nordies price match the website discount, so I can do my massive haul in person.

Charlestongirl said...

Me too, Anonymous. They better have it!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

You & me too, Makeupremastered! Since the first time I caught a glimpse of the packaging, I've been ALL over this Holiday CdP collection! For me, an all round ABSOLUTE must have!
Thanks so mcuh for the real life pics, Charleston Girl!

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Oh my!! How many beautiful things in one post! I cant' wait to see all of the BB things in person. (The Old Hollywood collection looks gorgeous in pics). And the LMdB lipcolors! I wonder why they went all silver? Hmm... And I thought we were going to get a pic of your "Tim Quinn eye magic"? I'd love to see it. You're a beautiful example!!

virginiaisforluvrs said...

Oh! I can't wait to see your review on the Dior highlighter! I'm interested in the rose gold one, but I'm sure the texture will be similar.