Sunday, December 15, 2013

Le Métier de Beauté Cheeky Chic Blush Kaleidoscope Face Kit for Holiday 2013

It looked pretty in the press photo. Le Métier de Beauté's limited-edition Cheeky Chic Blush (Face) Kaleidoscope for Holiday 2013 ($95) is even prettier in person. If the company doesn't make it permanent, it will be missing an opportunity. It's a gorgeous Kaleidoscope.

There are three "cheek colors" and one highlighter in the Kaleidoscope. You can see the shade names in the photo at the top of this feature. Just click on it to enlarge it.

Yesterday, Michael Reinhardt did my makeup. I had gone to the show without blusher (horrors!), and I asked him to give me some color. He did my whole face, and along the way applied Ondine to my cheeks. He had made my eyes pop with a smoky brown look, and the Ondine gave me color, but not so much that I looked "clownish." Of course, Michael would never do that, but it was the perfect accompaniment.

I swatched all the shades heavily, using a sponge-tipped applicator to apply them. I took my photos in full, morning sun. I didn't realize how bruised I've become until I started examining my arm in full sun. I'm fairly blue and yellow in a lot of places. I apologize for my motley arm; it's likely to be this way for another week or two.

All four shades in the palette are subdued. This is the Cheek Kaleidoscope for the season: subtle color to enhance your vibrant eyes and lips. Velvet Underground at the top is a gorgeous matte salmon pink. Dali is a baby pink, also matte. Ondine is a matte beige-nude. If you need a bit of sparkle, blend in Electra, a sheer gold luminizer.

This is a perfect Kaleidoscope for blending. Want a little brown with your pink? Blend Ondine with Dali, and you'll have the perfect shade. Need to sparkle at night? A light dusting with Electra over your blush will take you straight to that party.

Cheeky Chic will be available at Le Métier de Beauté counters until it sells out. I purchased mine at Neiman Marcus. If you'd like help, give Michael or Chae a call at (202) 966-9700, extension 2258 or 2236. If you have fair skin like I do, this is your cheek palette.

I will show you more of my new treasures as this week progresses. I also hope to show you The Countess soon. The Kaleidoscope Eye Kit Michael designed is extraordinary. I skipped La Strada because I'm waiting for The Countess to arrive.

Photo at top courtesy of Le Métier de Beauté; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

16 comments:

Nemo said...

I have heard that the Countess and L'Envy are the same eye kit, simply different names for release on the different coasts. Is this true?

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Nemo,

Nope. Michael just designed The Countess. It is possibly the best ever. Did you mean Eagle's Envy or Lip Envy (the latter of which Michael did design)? I don't know L'Envy.

I can assure you that The Countess is brand new.

Virginie said...

That might be my very first purchase of those kaleidoscope!!!! it looks very pretty, and I so love blushes!!!

Nemo said...

No, L'Envy. It's supposed to be exclusive to NM on the west coast. (I have Eagle's Envy, thanks to you.) I was told by an SA at NM in California that The Countess was released on the East Coast and would be released on the West with a new name. Sounds suspicious, which is why I asked you. What did you think of La Strada?

Charlestongirl said...

Nemo, I have a call into Michael. I'll find out for sure. He was doing someone's makeup and couldn't break to talk on the phone.

I can't imagine them renaming it without his knowing about it.

Nemo said...

Thank you. Are you going to do swatches of the Countess? It sounds wonderful. I try to buy all the LMDB things Michael designs because they are absolutely works of art. Btw, I bought the CHANEL spring collection Friday. So far, so good. The only thing I don't like is the L'Adoree Velvet lipstick. If you want to look like a ghoul, it's for you; otherwise, avoid it.

Jenny said...

Hi CG--
Do you know yet what the individual shades are in The Countess vs. La Strada? I don't think I can't get both--along with the blush kaleidoscope--yes, you have me convinced. Is there a specific reason why you went with Countess over La Strada? And do you know if these will be online at all? I'm assuming they won't. Thanks!

Claire said...

To be honest, I never really "get" LMdB. I owned a few shadows, eye pencil (the famous Champagne), lip gloss and that's about it. But I wholeheartedly agree that this kaleidoscope is worth a second look. Thanks for sharing the review, CG!

Virginie said...

what is La Strada?? When this blush kaleidoscope will be for sale and where? Thanks!!

Charlestongirl said...

Nemo, as soon as I get my hands on it - and the stars align. :)

Charlestongirl said...

Jenny, I don't. The Countess will be exclusive to NM Mazza Gallerie.

Charlestongirl said...

Nemo, just talked to Michael. He said he is dead sure that's not the case.

Jennifer Pellicone said...

This Cheeky Chic Blush Kaleidoscope looks fantastic! And I'm anxiously awaiting your next reviews! I really enjoy them.
cspmom at gmail dot com

Chateepatee said...

This is so pretty- the shades are lovely- but they may not be quite pronounced enough for me. Mighty tempting though... I did order the new Kaleidoscope Series offered on the LMdB website. $225 for 3 palates is reasonable- especially if they can be customized to some degree according to ones hair/ complexion coloring.
Lovely review as always CG!

Mamavalveeta03 said...

Aw...just when I've strengthened my resolve not to buy anything new for myself before Christmas. Dang! Well, it is certainly beautiful. And these always look so fun, the way they've packaged them!

Sara said...

This looks so pretty! I love the LMDB blushes because they don't sit on my skin- they seem to sink right in even though they are powder. I received an email today about a monthly kaleidoscope program- do you know anything about it? I caved and subscribed to the beauty box program at the last day in August and I really like everything I have been sent. Have a good week and I hope you continue to feel better! -Sara