Monday, December 16, 2013

Le Métier de Beauté The Total Look Kaleidoscope Face Kit for Holiday 2013

As usual, The Total Look Kaleidoscope Face Kit ($95) for Holiday 2013 is much prettier than the press photos depict. I was intrigued when I saw the photo above, but wowed when I saw the real thing. It's a limited edition. I purchased mine at Neiman Marcus the second I could.

Look at the difference! Le Métier de Beauté's photo is dark. Mine was taken in full sun and not modified even a smidge. You can see that the face colors in this palette are totally wearable by all.

Because it's late (for me), let's get straight to the swatches. I went to work today, am sore, and definitely ready for a night's sleep. Besides that, apparently I dropped my keys last night when I came in from Mom's house. It took me two hours this morning to dig through months' worth of junk mail near the door to find them - under everything I had piled up. How did they get there?

I swatched all shades with a sponge-tipped applicator and took my photos in full, late-morning sun. I started at the top with Nico and worked down the Kaleidoscope, ending with Sunkissed at the bottom of my arm.

Nico, a bronze eye shadow, is as gorgeous as it gets. It gleams on my eyelids. Chelsea Girl below is a soft, slightly shimmering pink highlighter that can be used on the eyes. Think Chanel peach for spring. It's gorgeous.

Divina is a light rose blush with a touch of peach. It's an everyone shade, so I think you will love it.  Sunkissed is a gorgeous blonde bronzer. It's the perfect bronzer for fair skins or wintertime. It is ever-so-slightly warming and a great contour shade.

What else can I say? You can see how pretty the shades are, and I know you'll find this a wonderful addition to your Kaleidoscope collection. The Total Look will be available at Le Métier de Beauté counters until it sells out. If you'd like help, give Michael or Chae a call at (202) 966-9700, extension 2258 or 2236.

Still waiting for The Countess to arrive. Big smile! In the meantime, I have new Chanel to scratch my itch for new treasures. There will be more Spring 2014 Chanel to come here tomorrow.

Photo at top courtesy of  Le Métier de Beauté; other photos by Best Things in Beauty

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will this be available online?

Charlestongirl said...

I assume the stores selling it will put it online, but I don't know that for sure.

Jo said...

Hi CG, this is simply stunning. The eye shadow is to die for. Thanks so much for the swatches, I was eagerly anticipating this review. Been there with the frustration over finding lost keys. Now I put them in the same place every time I walk in the door so I know where they are. I hope you get a good night's sleep.

jlee said...

How gorgeous! I am tempted. Did you see that LMdB is offering a new "Kaleidoscope Program" on their website? Three eyes/lips/face kaleidoscopes in three months for $225. I'm not sure I'm willing to commit since I am not interested in lip kaleidoscopes, but thought you might like to know in case you hadn't heard of it yet!

BooBooNinja said...

This truly is a total kit for the face. Great swatches, as always. I wonder why the press photography is so inaccurate.

Evelyn said...

Wow, the bronze color is incredible! I am highly tempted and it's nice to have everything you need for a face in one kit. Just add mascara and lipstick and you're done.

sunnlitt said...

Those eye shadows are lovely.
I can see that they would look great with your coloring, Charleston Girl.

cytaormina said...

Thank you so much for the heads up on The Countess kaleidoscope. I ordered mine today and hoping I will have it by Christmas.

bisbee said...

Hate to be a spoil sport, but I'm not impressed. I guess that's not a fair assessment, since I don't believe I've even been thrilled with this brand...different strokes!

I do have a lovely bronze shadow from Sisley on it's way to me...very $$$. We'll see!

Christina said...

Beautiful palette! It looks nothing like the promo image. I love the eyeshadow and the highlighter shade! I'm sure I have similar colors already, but this palette is certainly tempting!

Mamavalveeta03 said...

OK, I give, I give! This one is so ME. The colors that LMdB chose are my colors, my go-to's. It would be nice to have everything I need in one palette. Hmm...Merry Christmas to me???

roxymisha said...

Absolutely divine! I think this is one of the most beautiful face kits I have seen from Le Metier. Very, very tempting.

Niki

Virginie said...

Why are you doing this to me?? This is soooo pretty!! So romantic!