Sunday, December 22, 2013

NEST Fragrances Birchwood Pine 3-Wick Candle

As a rule, I dislike Christmas candles. I know I shouldn't generalize, but the smells of bayberry, synthetic evergreens, cinnamon, and other scents that "someone" associated with the holidays, gag me. Not so with NEST's beautiful Birchwood Pine. NEST sent me a Birchwood Pine 3-Wick Candle ($42) as a gift, and I plan to start burning it on Christmas Day. It's the closest thing to a real pine without the tree I've ever smelled.

Imagine the aroma of a majestic winter forest. NEST created it by blending white pine, fir balsam, and birchwood over a base of rich musk and amber. It is divine - and the packaging is elegant.

NEST's candles are made with a proprietary, highly refined cosmetic-grade wax that incorporates the same grade of waxes used in pharmaceutical and cosmetic products. The wax is made of a blend of paraffin, soy, and natural oils creating a base that is super-clean burning and optimized for superior fragrance throw. The company's candles are all first class.

This year, I'll have a Christmas tree without the tree. My new candle will suffice. I'm thrilled!

You can purchase Birchwood Pine from NEST, at Neiman Marcus, and other luxury stores, such as Candles Off Main. If you order from NEST today, they will get one to you by Christmas Eve.

Photo courtesy of NEST Fragrances

7 comments:

angusmum1 said...

Enjoy the beautiful candle it sounds heavenly!! Appreciate this blog all year, thanks so very much for all you do it is a highlight in my day to read the blog

Anonymous said...

I have this candle from NEST and their 'Holiday' candle too. They are probably the some of the best holiday/winter candles ever. The NEST 'Holiday' candle is so cozy and guest friendly (not icky artificial smelling). 'Birchwood Pine' is fabuous, although I have been loving Diptyque 'Pine Bark' too! Both are realistic pine tree/winter forest scents.

Christina said...

We've had a blackout in Toronto for about 12 hours and we relied on our candles and propane lantern from our camping gear to keep us warm.
The danger of falling ice is still an issue.
I have two scented ones, one of them is from Ikea, cranberry scent. I didn't think it was so bad and lifted our holiday spirits. I think the true scent comes out when the candle is lit.

Enjoy your Christmas and have a very safe, warm holiday season!

Moonchime said...

The Nest candle sounds lovely! How wonderful you can surround yourself with the smell of Christmas without the hassle of a tree.

Have a blessed Christmas, Charleston Girl.

Andrea said...

I have been curious about this candle scent. I love NEST candles and this one is stunning. Thanks for the great review!

STEPH said...

Usually I stick to Bath and Body Works candles and I think it's time for a change. Especially since I've been using mine up in the blackout like Christina.

Anonymous said...

Oooh sounds good, and as I don't have a tree either this could indeed be a great way to have the smell of Christmas without the actual Christmas tree :-)