Saturday, March 22, 2014

Le Métier de Beauté Peau Vierge Anti-Aging Pressed Powder

Le Métier de Beauté's new, breakthrough Peau Vierge Anti-Aging Pressed Powder ($75) has finally arrived at Neiman Marcus counters. I went over to Mazza Gallerie today to pick up mine, Shade 1 shown above. Shade 2 leans yellow and can be worn, I think, by anyone with fair to medium skin. The third shade, 3, is markedly darker in the compact, but so transparent that even Michael (who has light skin) can wear it to add a little subtle color. A Peau Vierge fan might want all three shades for different looks. The compacts are generous in size, with a net weight of 0.40 ounces.

This Peau Vierge powder employs same proprietary delivery technology used in Le Métier de Beauté's skin care and the wonder-product many of you love, Peau Vierge. It's all about delivering the active ingredients in a way that produces a visible anti-aging effect while beautifying your skin. The patented delivery system allows this silky pressed powder - a color product - to also serve as a hydrating, anti-inflammatory, anti-aging treatment.

Enhanced with vitamins and antioxidants to promote long-term healthy and youthful skin, this subtly tinted powder provides the perfect smudge-resistant finish. Blended with unique micronized anti-aging ingredients to avoid clogging pores and protect the skin from environmental stressors, Peau Vierge Pressed Powder is lightweight, applies to the skin seamlessly, and creates an evenly toned, shine-free appearance without altering the natural color of your skin - all the while nourishing and promoting a a healthy and clear complexion. How exactly? Here are the major ingredients.
  • TPM has a powerful anti-inflammatory effect on the skin. It reduces redness, irritation, puffiness/swelling on contact. 
  • Sodium hyaluronate, the salt of hyaluronic acid - nature's sponge - allows the powder to feel smooth and hydrating (not dusty or dry). Because hyaluronic acid can hold more a thousand times its weight, it will fill the space between the fibers that connect collagen and elastin, reducing dehydration and filling the look of wrinkling.
  • Vital ET is a fast-acting bio-functional form of Vitamin E that is used in the treatment of scar tissue, sun damage, and rosacea. Delivering powerful anti-oxidants to skin, Vital E is very effective in preventing surface dryness, sunburn, and skin-irritation.
  • Nylon-12, a synthetic alternative to clay, is the secret to invisible makeup. It is a sterile and hypo-allergenic agent that allows powder coverage to expand and contract with our facial movements so that it will not reveal itself in lines or pores. This bit of magic creates the illusion of naturally flawless skin. It is designed to provide a time-release effect for the other key ingredients by absorbing them first and releasing them slowly on the skin over time.
Michael Reinhardt applied the new powder to my skin today. I purposely arrived in the store without any makeup on. He prepped my face with Le Métier de Beauté's Peau Vierge Anti-Aging Complexe Tinted Treatment after applying moisturizer. Then he applied the new powder in Shade 1. I asked him to apply it on only one side of my face so that I could see exactly what effects it had. He used a kabuki brush to apply it and buff it into my skin. Immediately after application, I saw that my skin tone was more even, the natural redness in my skin had been tamped down, and my complexion was matte. Interestingly, after 10 minutes on my face, the matte finish had morphed into a more natural look: not shiny, but not matte either. Beautifully natural.

My skin felt hydrated, and it looked good - as if I had on no makeup. I liked what I saw. Then Michael applied the powder on the other side of my face using a sponge. The lower level of the compact holds a large round sponge. A hint? Amazingly, if you press the powder into your skin using a sponge, the effect will delight you. It's surprisingly effective at evening the skin's tone and removing redness without depositing too much powder. We are not accustomed to applying finishing powder with a sponge, but we proved today that the sponge is included with the powder for a good reason.

Was Peau Vierge Anti-Aging Pressed Powder worth the wait? Yes, definitely. I think I'm going to have to purchase another compact because I'll need one in my bathroom makeup "inventory" and another for my desk at work.

You can find Peau Vierge Anti-Aging Pressed Powder at Neiman Marcus. If you don't have a Neiman Marcus and need help, call Michael Reinhardt or Chae Edwards at (202) 966-9700, extension 2258. They will be happy to help you select a shade.

The photo above shows all three. Shade 1 is shown at lower left; shade 2 is at lower right; shade 3 is at the top.

Photoss by Best Things in Beauty and a friend

10 comments:

kellinicole86 said...

this sounds like something I need to check out - but do you have any thoughts on if this would work for someone with oily skin?

Unknown said...

Another great review CG. Thank you. I will be adding this to my WishList. It seems to be growing by leaps and bounds.

Charlestongirl said...

Kellinicole,

It's perfect for oily skin. First, it is oil-free. Even more important, the HA acts to neutralize oil. I think you will find it to be excellent for oily skin.

Charlestongirl said...

Mine too, S. Derrick.

Jo said...

Looks great CG, thanks for the preview. I'm going to stop by NM as soon as I can and pick one up.

Anonymous said...

Your reviews are very helpful, This new powder by Le Métier de Beauté sounds so smart. I appreciate good science in my cosmetics. I don't have a good touch up compact for my bag, maybe this would be the reason for this powder? (mostly Clé De Peau user) oh and I shop at Mazza too.

Anonymous said...

Dear Charleston Girl,

While Michael was working with you at Neiman's Le Metier counter this past Sat. (I noticed you because you are around my age and inspiringly beautiful!), Shae was doing makeup on me. Today I stumbled across your blog and enjoyed the several entries I read.

I wanted to let you know about my (first) unfortunate experience there. I came in with only Amore Pacific's new CCC compact and a little blush on, then went to Le Metier wanting a little eye makeup for balance. But Shae swooped in and instead of eyes only she quickly covered my face more with Peau Vierge, PV concealer, the new PV powder, blush, and I think even more products I don't recall.

A few hours after I got home (with the truckload of makeup on, applied with brushes I saw were not freshly cleaned), I cleansed my face first with Darphin's micellar water and then immediately with Darphin's Intral (for sensitive skin) cleanser. I'd never used both in one session before, but felt so covered in goop I wanted to feel extra clean. I have used those products successfully, each alone before the usual Intral routine of serum, moisturizer, eye cream etc., over the past couple of months. A few hours later my skin was red and blotchy, inflamed and swollen, painful. I cleansed gently with Intral and applied hydrocortisone, nothing else, repeating that routine am and pm since Sun. am, using no makeup, and am still red and blotchy, tight-feeling ...

I plan to keep doing what I'm doing till my face returns to normal. My aesthetician concurs and will not wax my face till then (I need it badly but she's right of course). She opines that the Intral line may not be for me. Before first using its micellar water cleanser in Nov. or Dec. and switching to Darphin completely in Jan., I used Natura Bisse Tolerance cleanser and occasionally AHA + cream cleanser, NB toner, and Amore Pacific Time Response face and eye moisturizers. They all worked fine but I wanted a change and was so impressed with the micellar that I switched over completely, making a substantial investment, so I'm reluctant to abandon the line and switch again.

Now I don't know what exactly caused the flareup or what to do about it other than cleanse-only and wait. I should mention that the same type of flareup occurred about a month ago after I last had my face waxed, but that was the first time I had that reaction and have been getting waxed for over a year. After that, It took about two weeks, but after a few days' alternating hydrocortisone and Neosporin my skin returned to normal. Then two weeks later, this past Sat., I was at the Le Metier counter ...

I consider myself a bit of a skincare and makeup junkie, and my friends have always sought my advice. I've always tended to redness and a slight amount of sensitivity but also large pores on and around my nose and shiny after a few hours past cleansing, treatment and minimal makeup. I have happily used Jane Iredale makeup (tinted moisturizer, PrePressed powder, blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, and DiorShow mascara) for a couple of years, happily.

Sorry to have written such as long email but, as Mark Twain allegedly said, forgive me for writing such a long letter; I didn't take time to write a shorter one.

Now that I know about your blog and saw the gorgeous results of what Michael created on you, I will check in to Charlestongirl often! (Though I fear temptation ...)

AnnieG

Charlestongirl said...

Hi Anne,

That was a lot of "stuff" to put on your face in one day, and in hindsight, it's impossible to know exactly what caused your sensitivity. It could have been the retinol in the Peau Vierge. Even though it is encapsulated in a delivery system designed to prevent reactions, if you had not been using retinol any time recently and you are sensitive, I can see how you could have reacted to the layering of three products.

Had it been me, I would have gone home, washed my face thoroughly, taken a Benadryl, and used La Mer's Concentrate, which is very soothing. The hydrocortisone should have helped too. No need for Neosporin, which is an antibiotic.

I have reacted after makeup counter applications - way too many times. Sometimes I react to products I use regularly. Go figure! The last time I reacted was after a facial when the aesthetician left a glycolic mask on for too long. I was pretty annoyed.

Chae is meticulous about clean brushes. I would be astounded if she used a brush that was not clean. Sometimes, the brushes discolor after the repeated cleanings, though. Is it possible that's what you saw?

Next time at any counter, if you only want your eyes done, speak up! Sometimes it takes more than a hint.

I hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so happy to see this review!! I have an LMDB subscription for 12 months and what came today but this powder. I am 48 so I am excited to have anything anti aging and now after reading this I am looking forward to using this product. Thanks for the application tips.....I was wondering about that sponge.

MG said...

THis looks so lovely! Does it flashback at all in photographs? Does it have any SPF? Thanks!