Monday, March 14, 2016

Guerlain - New Shades of Terracotta, The Bronzing Powder and Long-Lasting Natural Tan

I mentioned just last week how much I love Guerlain's Terracotta Bronzing Powders ($53). Now, I'm thrilled to tell you that Guerlain has created four new shades to give you three weeks of sun in three seconds - and more flexibility in the color you tan.

Since 1984, the legendary Terracotta Bronzing Powder has claimed its permanence in women’s vanity cases and hearts. It is continuing to stake its claim in history with a new contemporary design inside and out and an expanded range of shades that match every skin tone. Guerlain has drawn upon over 30 years of expertise and innovation to bring its iconic legendary texture for a naturally bronzed glow. One Guerlain Terracotta powder is sold every 25 seconds worldwide! It remains a cult product synonymous with “bronzer.”

The features and benefits of Terrcotta Bronzer...
  • Radiant, blendable finish leaves skin with a healthy glow
  • Enhances skin and illuminates the overall complexion
  • Long-lasting formula, enriched with moisturizing ingredients
  • New powder design with an embossed solar pattern 
Legendary scents can evoke deep emotions, and the new fragrance of Terracotta is one that brings forth memories of happiness, serenity, beauty, and wonder. Notes of tiare flower, freesia, orange flower extracts, jasmine, rose, iris, tonka bean, and vanilla gently come together to deliver a fresh feeling to the skin. The scent is divine. As a rule, I don't care for scented makeup, but I make an exception for this one. It's divine.

The tanned skin of blondes takes on rosy tones, while that of brunettes develops golden tones. These tones are reflected in the Bronzing Powders. The new shades are marked with an asterisk.

00 Blondes*, 01 Brunettes, 02 Blondes, 03 Brunettes, 04 Blondes*, 05 Brunettes,07 Dore*, and 09 Intense*.

Terracotta The Bronzing Powder is available at select locations and online at Saks Fifth Avenue, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Sephora, Bloomingdale's, Bergdorf Goodman, and Guerlain boutiques. I have an appointment with Guerlain on Thursday and can't wait to see the new 00.

Photo courtesy of Guerlain

19 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh my! Exactly what I am looking for, CG! Quite exciting! You are very fair and I am a tad darker than that, so which shade would you choose?

Sandra said...

I was so excited about the new Guerlain Teracotta colors, I neglected to read your last paragraph which said you are going to swe the colors in person on Thursday! I will wait for your review!

Grlnxdor said...

I'm so happy that you will be doing swatches, CG. I bought the limited edition Crazy Terracotta 68 almost 2 years ago (?) and I just love it!

Charlestongirl said...

I have to clarify. I probably can't do swatches of multiple colors Thursday. I'm going too late in the day, and sunshine is not predicted. Do go to your local counter to see them.

If I can get there when the sun is out, I will swatch the new shades. I'll definitely swatch the one I purchase.

Eileen said...

I can hardly wait for these to arrive at our counter. Marcus Monson had told me the Terracotta was being updated but these sound even better than I had imagined. When I stopped by the Guerlain counter yesterday, the young SA who had gone to class told me that the new Terracotta collection was going to be "stellar" (his word :-) ) Like many women, I can't imagine the summer without a new Terracotta bronzer in my drawer. As I said in the forum, I do sun kissed; not suntanned and Terracotta bronzers give me a natural, completely believable glow that make me look like I've been enjoying the beautiful So Cal summer season.

For those of you who are new to Guerlain's legendary bronzer, don't be confused by the designations blond and brunette. It's not really about hair color. Just pick the one that looks best on you.

Sandra said...

Very helpful comments from everyone. The One problem I have is that there is no place within 4 hours of where I Live in VT to go to try the colors. I Have to buy them on line. Saks, Nordstom and Chanel have wonderful return policies,but it is just a pain. So, whenever possible, please mention in your comments what your skin tone is and what color you are using. That would be fabulous! I am always chatting with beauty experts at these stores, but they are not as reliable as CG's comments and all of your comments. That is why I was so thrilled when I discoverd Charleston Girl's extraordinary blog, And I just love rading all of your comments. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I know this powder is considered the mother of bronzes. I have yet to buy a Guerlain Terracotta powder and am suddenly fondly reminded of my first loose bronzing powder which actually came in a small terra cotta pot. Looking forward to your choice, dear CG.
Tanja

Eileen said...

Sandra,

I am 02 in Guerlain, 020 in Clé de Peau, and Pale Dune or Fawn in Tom Ford (depends on the formula). I'm light with warm undertones. I wear Terracotta in 00 for subtle warmth and, at the height of summer, I use 01. Last year, when Guerlain released the bronzers with the crescent of blusher, I used 01 and it was perfect.

Rather than having us randomly telling you what our coloring is, perhaps you can tell us what your coloring is and then someone with similar coloring can respond. :-)



Sandra said...

Thank you Eileen, excellent idea! I have basically used Chanel products prior to joining this blog, and I am light to mdium, using Chanel foundation 14 Ivoire, Les Beiges 20 or 30 depending on season, Chanel Blush in 80 Tweed rose, and Rouge Coco Stylo lipshine in 216 Lettre. Chanel is wonderful, but reading CG's Blog has opened up a new world of fabulous beauty products for me! I do so appreciate all of your suggestions!

Eileen said...

Sandra, I used to use Vitalumière until Chanel reformulated and then the Ivoire was a bit too dark and warm for me. It sounds like you might be a 01 or 02. Chanel counters are often in close proximity to Guerlain counters so if you call one of them and tell them what you usually wear, they can probably help you pick the best one. I imagine the numbers on the new bronzers parallel the old ones. A lot of Charlestongirl's readers use Chanel--and everyone uses Terracotta :-) --so perhaps one of them can offer a suggestion.

Eileen said...

Hi Sandra,

It's me--again! LOL. I was just looking online and checked Sephora, Nordstrom, Saks, and Neiman Marcus. They're only showing the old Terracotta online and not the new one. When you call the counter, be sure you say you're interested in the new one :-)

Sheri said...

Hi CG, I read on Reallyree hat Guerlain is also coming out with a new bronzer blush that looks stunning. If you learn anything about them please do share.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I recently put the Guerlain 00 in my sephora basket. When I went back to order it will no longer let me purchase saying only available in Canada, won't ship to US. I was able to purchase from Nordstrom. Just wondering if this is the old or new formula. Any insight? Thank you.

Charlestongirl said...

Anonymous, since 00 was available before, the gals at the counter who don't have a new one yet, have guessed that it has been reformulated. I'm going to try to find out this week.

Anonymous said...

Great. Thank you so much. I am going to hold off until I know it is the new one.

Anonymous said...

It looks like on the Nordstrom website they are advertising the Terracotta 2016 Original Bronzing powder. Is this the one I want? Odd, that Sephora will only ship to Canda. I want the 00 I have very similar coloring to you.

Charlestongirl said...

All,

I checked with Guerlain PR. The new 00 shade is a new color - different from the "origninal" 00.

Anonymous said...

I purchased the one from Sephora that says it is new and was listed as just O. Do you think that is the new one? Please advise. Thank you.

Charlestongirl said...

Anonymous, I have to believe PR. I think the changed colors are only those listed as new. I'll be at NM and can check again on Saturday.