Sunday, April 10, 2016

Le Métier de Beauté Gift with Purchase for Neiman Marcus InCircle

I had planned to tell you today about my exciting visit with Marcus Monson at Guerlain. Then I realized that this feature about Le Métier de Beauté's Gift with Purchase (GWP) for Neiman Marcus InCircle, which starts on April 13, was time-sensitive. So, I re-ordered my features; I'll tell you about Marcus tomorrow when I get home from work.

If you spend $350 with Le Métier de Beauté, you will receive a makeup bag filled with lovely goodies.
  • Fervor Moisture Matte Lipstick (appears to be full-sized) - mauve or plum
  • Outré Lip Crème (full size) - a rich medium pink suited for all skin tones
  • Lure Illuminating Face Powder (generous, but a tad smaller than full-sized) - gold
  • Cinamatic Mascara (Le Métier de Beauté's new mascara formula) deluxe sample - black
  • A surprise skin-care sample (exclusive to Neiman Marcus at Mazza Gallerie)
The bag appears to be leather, but given that it was made in China, it's probably not. As you can see in my photo, it has a zip top to keep all our makeup safely tucked inside. Plus, it's long enough to accommodate our makeup brushes.

I took swatch photos of the contents, with the exception of the surprise skin care, late this afternoon in full sun. I applied the lip products directly from the tubes, used a sponge-tipped applicator to apply the Illuminating Face Powder, and swiped the mascara across my arm. All were applied lightly. I had to take showcase my neighbor's gorgeous redbud tree, so it served as the background.

I started at the top of my arm with Fervor Moisture Matte Lipstick. Isn't the plumy-pink color gorgeous? Any shine you see on my arm was from the direct sunlight. The gloss below is Outré Lip Crème. The combination of the two is beautiful - especially for me, someone who likes shine on my lips. The addition of the Lip Crème makes my lips feel comfortably hydrated.

The Lure Illuminating Face Powder is a pretty, sparkly, subtle gold. It's perfect for a night-out highlighting powder, and it looks great on the face with the lipstick and lip gloss.

Mascara swatches are hard to do on my arm, so don't blame Le Métier de Beauté for my uneven swatch. It's black, but a soft, matte, natural-looking black. It's a perfect go-to for any time of day. I'm anxious to try the new formula.

Most GWPs are stingy - especially for a purchase of $350. You often get samples that are gone after a day's use. Le Métier de Beauté is making sure that you go home with products you can use for months. I suspect the only gift you will run out of is the mascara. It might last a week if used daily.

If you don't have a favorite Neiman Marcus Le Métier de Beauté counter, or if you want to ensure that you get the surprise exclusive to the Mazza Gallerie store, give Michael Reinhardt or Andy Schug a call. Their number is (202) 966-9700, extension 2258. Make sure to ask for one of them. Pre-sale has started, so you can call anytime starting tomorrow. The store closed for the day today at 6:00 pm. Remember that shipping is free.

Michael has also arranged some special events for InCircle, so if you are local, make sure to ask about Hylton Lea's visit next weekend, as well as facials next Sunday. Both will be by appointment. Hylton will be providing customers with his expert touch, 20-minute "facial rescue" at the counter. After your skin is "saved," Michael or Andy will be on hand to give you the finishing makeup touch for your special day or evening. It's wonderful for those of us who can't get by the store on a weekday that you can get a facial on a Sunday.

A master aesthetician, the one Michael personally uses, will provide you with a luxurious hour-long facial. She is in such demand that it has taken a year to get her booked for this event. The facial is complimentary with a purchase of two skin-care items. The facial will be wonderful opportunity to learn about Le Métier de Beauté's fabulous skin care.

Photos by Best Things in Beauty

1 comment:

Christina said...

Ooh, I'm loving the look of that highlighter! It sounds like a fantastic gift.